Friday, July 18, 2014

Alex The Kid / Columbus - Split Review

           Fun fact: This split rules. The five piece Alex The Kid and trio Columbus put out a beauty of a split. This album contains most everything good about today's neo-punk rock. The guitars crunch, the vocals are dirty, but on point, and the whole thing stays true to punks roots. I genuinely wish the tag teams weren't from Australia, so I had a decent shot at seeing them live.
          ATK's two song side is tight as tight can be. The tracks are up beat, catchy, and generally punk. On the flip side, Columbus' three track side is rad as rad can be. "Nothing" is a genuinely great song. This is one of the album's I've reviewed that will be kept on my iPod for my listening pleasure. Album is a full 5/5, I just wish it was longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment