Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Almighty Chicks From The Atlantic - Debut Album



          Back to Europe. I recently got my hands on the debut album of Almighty Chicks From The Atlantic. The group of 5 hails from Bordeaux, France and it pushing this album all over the world. I'll be the first to admit the music isn't exactly my forte, but there is no denying its ability to stick. The eleven song release combines the European trance phenomenon with traditional American pop punk. The first thing I thought of was playing and hanging out with Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! a few months back. The music is by no means bad, it just isn't something I'm in to, and I try to be as unbiased as possible in these write ups. 
        After seeing the turnout for that Chunk! show, I know there is a market for these guys. I'd fully recommend at least giving it a listen, maybe you're into it and you  never even knew. 

Tl;dr
  • Almighty Chicks From The Atlantic (Bordeaux, France)
  • For fans of: Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, City Lights, Handguns, Hit The Lights
  • Debut Album
  • Favorite Track: Waiting Room
  • 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment