Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Second-Hand Hero - "Pictures" Album Review



          I recently got my hands on the new release "Pictures" by Berlin pop-core band Second-Hand Hero. And if pop-core wasn't a term before, it is now. The German quartet's 15 track full length packs a serious punch. I'll be honest and say this isn't normally what I'm in too, and after the first few songs I wasn't expecting to really get into it. But about halfway through, it struck a chord with me. It's like the old ADTR we all grew up on that still holds a place in our hearts.
           And boy, do these guys kill it. Unlike a lot of similar music in the scene today, the album has notable variety. No two songs are too alike, and as the cool jazz riff at the end of "Evacuation" establishes, there are no boundaries here. I dig this album a lot, it's actually one of my favorites I've reviewed so far, though if you initially described it to me I probably would not have been too stoked. Funny how that works.

Tl;dr
  • Second-Hand Hero
  • Debut Full Length: Pictures
  • For Fans Of: City A Day To Remember, Four Year Strong
  • Favorite Track: Evacuation
  • 4.5/5 Stars
facebook.com/secondhandheroband
http://www.reverbnation.com/secondhandheroband

No comments:

Post a Comment