Monday, April 7, 2014

Review: On Call Heroes - "I'm An Adult"


     

       First off, I just want to start this review by saying that this release is banging. Really though, this is tight. On Call Heroes are releasing "I'm An Adult" on April 18, and if I didn't already have it, I'd be pretty damn excited. The Canadian five-piece have a handful of prior releases, but they really stepped up the game with this.
   
       Hindsight is 20/20, and it seems like OCH have figured that out. The EP is a look back on should-haves and would-haves, but also a step in finding closure. The band touches on some familiar topics; friends, family, relationships, and the parts of life that force you to make choices. It may be the same subjects you've heard before, but the presentation is something you can't help but appreciate. With a wide variety of parts, from gang chants to heart felt melodies, there's a song for most whatever you're feeling.

     "I'm An Adult" can be pre-ordered for only $5 on the groups bandcamp, and comes out April 18.

Tl;dr
  • On Call Heroes (British Columbia, Canada)
  • For fans of: Mayday Parade, Neck Deep, Blink182, The Starting Line, Say Anything
  • Latest EP, "I'm An Adult"
  • Favorite Track: It's Because I Got Fat, Isn't It?
  • 4.5 Stars
facebook.com/oncallheroes

No comments:

Post a Comment